Spanish Tercio

Spanish Tercio
One morning on the Spanish Road in Flanders

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Napoleonic Prussian Corps from Calpe

About 2 years ago a mutual friend and gamer moved to Washington state, and pretty much gave up his entire gaming collection. At the time I purchased a fairly decent sized Napoleonic Prussian Corps from Tom.
The army consists of 11 infantry battalions, 3 cavalry regiments, 4 artillery batteries, skirmisher stands, and a stands for army generals and other commanders and aide-de-camps.
These figures are from a exceptional manufacturer Calpe. Top of the line miniatures. The miniatures are painted for the most part, but are not of a high standard paint scheme.
I contemplated for a while to come up with a Prussian army for my collection. I spoke to Edgar, one of our gaming friends, and tried to have him collect a Napoleonic army. Although interested, he did not wanted to start such a project due to the number of figures involved. I was able to persuade him by making him a good offer to take the Prussians and collect them for future gaming.
Attached are pictures of what the army looks like.
Have fun Edgar! I hope to see you on the Napoleonic gaming table soon. They are ready for pick-up anytime.
 11 infantry battalions, 4 artillery batteries - 3 foot, 1 heavy foot w/ howitzer, skirmishers
 3 cavalry regiments, generals, commanders, and aide-de-camps









8 comments:

  1. The figures are so nice, and most are painted. If Edgar cancels on this deal, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I see you're putting captions in on the photos again, great minds think alike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Calpe figures are oustanding - I have a few in my Prussian army, but really couldn'[t justify the cost for the rank and file. I will probably add a bunch of OG Landwehr and Reserve infantry, andf a number of Landwehr Cavalry regiments as part of tmy 1813 project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They have, as you say, a basic paintjob - but some army painter and subsequent highlights on belts etc would lift them a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I can say my new collection has grown. I've added several units of infantry and three cavalry. I got a nice lead on a bunch of new Calpe Prussians stateside and the seller has everything I need on hand so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very nice and impresive collection, a great looking Prussian army!!
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Students can Download utilize the Previous Exam paper for the Reference for final Examination, Steady the repeated questions from BSE Odisha 10th Model Question Paper 2022 Practice on those is the better way to get the good Grade, Students Download Solved Paper and Question Patterns of 12th Examination 2022 from the website BSE Odisha 10th Model Paper 2022. BSE Odisha HSC Question Paper 2022 can Download Students and Practice and Prepare for the Annual Examination 2022. Easy way is Prepare the entire syllabus and conduct the self Examination BSE Odisha Matric (10th) Solved Paper 2022, Subject wise Sample Paper are available.

    ReplyDelete